The 'Add to Wish List' bookmarklet will make adding gifts to your wish list much
easier. Watch the
Add Gift Items to Your Wish List Using the Bookmarklet
video (3 minutes - will open in a blank screen and take a minute or two to
download). Detailed instructions
and videos which show you how to
add the bookmarklet to your
browser are shown in the sections below.
Bookmarklets are links you add to your browser's Bookmarks/Links/Favorites Toolbar.
In fact you can add your bookmarklet anywhere in your Favorites folders if you so choose.
The YouCouldGetMe bookmarklet simply links to your Add to Gifts page.
The bonus is that two of the fields on your Add Gifts page will be copied automatically saving you time and effort.
1. The bookmarklet will copy the address (URL) of the page containing your gift item.
2. If you highlight the gift item name this will be copied to the Link Text field.
3. Then select the category, who can see the item, and add any notes.
Click on the [Add Gift Item Button] and your gift item will be added to to wish list and you will be returned back to your shopping page.
This makes the whole process really much easier.
Adding the Bookmarklet to Microsoft Internet Explorer Only. (See instructions for other browsers further down the page).
When using Microsoft Internet Explorer, adding the bookmarklet is performed in two distinct stages.
Stage 1 adds a placemarker link to the toolbar and Stage 2 adds the bookmarklet.
Stage 1: Add Placemarker link
1. Make sure your "Links Toolbar" is visible. If it is not, right click on any
part of the menu bar and make sure "Links" is checked.
(In IE8 Use View -> Toolbars and ensure that "Favorites Bar" is checked)
2. Right click on the following link
Add to Wish List
bookmarklet and click "Add to Favorites"
3. Be sure to save the favorite in your "Links" folder (or Favorites Bar if using IE8) so that it appears in
your Links Toolbar.
Stage 2: Add bookmarklet
Adding the bookmarklet is now a simple copy and paste operation.
1. Copy all of the text in the box below:
2. Right Click on the PlaceMarker link that you just created on your Favorites bar (or Links bar).
Then select the Properties option.
3. Delete the contents of the URL field (In IE8 it is under the Web Document Tab)
4. Paste the copied text into the URL field and click [OK] button
(You can safely ignore the "Problem with Shortcut" warning given in IE8
and click the [Yes] button)
Adding the Bookmarklet to Internet Explorer
minutes and 28 seconds - will open in a blank screen and take a minute to download) video.
Adding the Bookmarklet to Firefox. (Safari, Google Chrome and Opera are very similar)
1. Make sure the "Bookmarks Toolbar" is visible. If it is not, go to menu View >
2. Drag this link:
Add to Wish List
up to your Bookmarks Toolbar.
Adding the Bookmarklet to Firefox
minute - will open in a blank screen and take a minute to download) video.
Safari, Google Chrome and Opera users: The procedure is very similar to the one used here